InfinX MRO 4.2 is a specialty fluorinated oil designed for use in hazardous operations. Engineered using Halocarbon PCTFE Technology, this oil offers excellent sealing and lubricating properties and a broad range of compatibility with most commonly used materials. It is a nonflammable, nonreactive, and chemically inert oil that is safe to handle. InfinX MRO 4.2 is safe for use with reactive gases, Lewis acids, and aggressive oxidizers.
InfinX MRO 4.2 is a low viscosity PCTFE oil that can be used across a wide range of operating temperatures (-70°C to +200°C). This oil has good lubricity, high thermal stability, and low compressibility. Typical applications of InfinX MRO 4.2 are as an inert instrument fill fluid and as a mechanical seal barrier fluid.
• Viscosity: 3.9cSt @ 40°C / 4.2cSt @ 100°F
• Color: Water White
• Pour Point: -73°C (-100°F)
• Cloud Point: <-87°C (<-125°F)
• Flash Point: None
• Density @ 25°C (g/cm3): 1.87
• Thermal Stability Note: The thermal stability of Halocarbon oils extends up to the decomposition temperature of the carbon chain. These compounds are subject to thermal cracking above 580°F (304°C) with rapid breakdown occurring above 620°F (327°C) into volatile compounds. The maximum recommended safe operating temperature is 400°F (204°C). Applications above 300°F (150°C) should be evaluated prior to use.
• Caution Note: Halocarbon Engineered Fluids should not be used in contact with sodium or potassium metal, amines, amine additives (antioxidants, etc.), liquid fluorine, or liquid bromine trifluoride. Caution should be used with aluminum, magnesium, and their alloys under conditions of significant tribological contact.
• Instrumental Fill Fluid for Gauges
• Pressure Sensors
• Diaphragm Seals
• Mechanical Seal Barrier Fluid