InfinX Calibration Fluid 0.8 is a specialty fluorinated oil designed for use in low temperature and hazardous operations. Engineered using Halocarbon PCTFE Technology, this oil offers excellent heat transfer capabilities and retains fluidity at low temperatures around -100C. It has a very low pour point and is not miscible with water. It is a nonflammable, nonreactive, and chemically inert oil that is safe to handle. InfinX Calibration Fluid 0.8 is safe for use with reactive gases, Lewis acids, and aggressive oxidizers.
InfinX Calibration Fluid 0.8 is a low viscosity PCTFE oil that can be used across a wide range of operating temperatures (-100C to +70C). This oil has good lubricity, high thermal stability, and low compressibility. Typical application of InfinX Calibration Fluid 0.8 is as an inert low temperature calibration bath fluid.
• Viscosity: 0.8 cSt @ 40C
• Color: Water White
• Pour Point: -129C (-200F)
• Cloud Point: <-129C (<-200F)
• Density @ 25C (g/cm3): 1.73
• Refractive Index (nd20 (Typical)): 1.383
• Thermal Stability Note: The thermal stability of Halocarbon oils extends up to the decomposition temperature of the carbon chain. These compounds are subject to thermal cracking above 580°F (304°C) with rapid breakdown occurring above 620°F (327°C) into volatile compounds. The maximum recommended safe operating temperature is 400°F (204°C). Applications above 300°F (150°C) should be evaluated prior to use.
• Low Temperature Calibration Bath Fluid